Pasta with fresh cherry tomatoes, L'arte EVOO and Lemon White Balsamic
- Pasta of your choice
- 1/4 cup of L'arte Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons of L'arte Lemon White Balsamic
- 1 & 1/2 cup of halved small vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 leaves of basil, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 or 2 Tbls. minced fresh Italian parsley (optional sprinkled on top when serving)
- Freshly grated Parmesan
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
In a frying pan (cast iron is our preference), begin to heat and add L'arte Extra Virgin Olive Oil and diced onion and saute until almost soft. Add garlic, tomatoes and salt. Continue to saute until the tomatoes are cooked down, given off liquid and it is beginning to thicken, a good 10 minutes or so. At this point raise the heat to high and toss in the Lemon White Balsamic and let it be absorbed for a good 2-3 minutes, until sauce is thick again. Taste and make sure you have salted it enough and add some pepper if you like. It is ready!
Cook the pasta al dente and drain. Add immediately to the sauce in the sauce pan and mix well. Serve immediately with some grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of Italian parley.