Wilted Spinach Salad with Raspberry White Balsamic Bacon Dressing
Inspired by Deliciousbydesign
- 8 C Baby Spinach
- 4 Hard-boiled Eggs
- 3 Pieces Bacon
- ¼ Red Onion
- ¼ C Crumbled Feta
- ¼ C Dried Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp Almonds
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tbsp. L’arte Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Hard-boil the eggs by placing eggs into pot and cover with cool water. Bring to a low boil and set the timer for 10 minutes. Drain and run cool water over the cooked eggs to stop cooking. Peel and set aside. I like to serve them slightly warm. If you prefer them cold, then make earlier in the day and refrigerate.
- Slice bacon into small pieces and fry. Remove the cooked bacon and place on paper towels to soak up any extra grease. Reserve the bacon grease in the pan for later.
- Measure cleaned spinach into a large mixing bowl.
- Slice your red onion. Measure out your dried fruit, sliced almonds, and feta cheese and set ingredient aside.
- Warm your bacon grease until it gets hot again. Turn off they heat. Mince garlic and add to hot bacon grease along with red vinegar to make a warm vinaigrette to dress the spinach.
- Pour vinaigrette over spinach and toss. The spinach should wilt ever so slightly and have a nice sheen.
- To Build your salad, lay down two cups of greens and the center of a salad plate. Slice an egg and lay it along the side of the plate. Sprinkle bacon, pine nuts, feta, dried fruit, and sliced onion over the top of the greens. Finish with cracked pepper and a sprinkle of salt (if you like extra). Drizzle aged balsamic over the top and enjoy.