Summer Estrusco Bean Salad
- 2.5 cups of cooked L'arte Fagiolo Estrusco, cold or at room temperature
- 1.5 cups of streamed green beans, cold or at room temperature
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of ripe sweet tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parseley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 mint leaves, chopped
- 5 tablespoons L'arte EVOO
- 2 tablespoons L'arte Lemon-Truffle White Balsamic or substitute with your favorite Gourmet Flavor
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the beans per package directions, drain and allow to cool.
- Cook the green beans and also allow to cool, Cut cooked beans in half or thirds depending on your size preference.
- While previous steps are cooking, peel, halve and thinly slice onion. Marinate it in the 2 tablespoons of balsamic for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients including the marinated onions and balsamic liquid. Add salt and pepper to taste. Leave to sit for 30 minutes, toss again and serve.